New Partner!!! More Children and Youth Needing our Help!!!
Child Guardians, Inc. welcomes Families First Network of Lakeview as a new partner in the expansion of our mission to help abused, neglected, or abandoned children through its direct funding of children’s needs, and through support of organizations serving these children in the Florida counties of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton.
This means that the new partnership will touch approximately 4,500 children across 4 counties who potentially have needs over and above the services that they receive. For example. from 7/1/11 to 6/30/12, the unduplicated count of children receiving services from Families First (in-home or out-of-home) by County follows:
Okaloosa : 1060
Santa Rosa: 778
Total : 4462
Source: FSFN Data Repository as of 2/6/13.
Information about our new partner follows:
Families First Network of Lakeview Mission
Families First Network of Lakeview (FFN) works to protect children and to strengthen families. Over 350 staff members work diligently to establish safety, well-being and permanency to approximately 4,500 children annually in the dependency court system in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties. Services include:
- Child Protective Services engages families through a family centered approach to assist parent to address family issues that negatively affect their children. FFN is located in service centers in Pensacola, Milton, Navarre, Crestview, Fort Walton Beach, and DeFuniak Springs. Office hours: Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm excluding holidays.
- Foster Home Development recruits, trains, studies, and recommends for licensure and relicensure of foster homes in the four county area including specialized and therapeutic foster care. Foster parents are always needed. Call 453-7777 or toll free 1 866 517-7766 for information about becoming a foster parent.
- Adoption Program supports children awaiting adoption as well as recruits, trains, and recommends homes for placement of foster children awaiting a forever family. Call toll free 1 866 313-9874 for information on adoption.
- Independent Living Program offers teens 13-17 life skills training and also assists young adults who have turned 18 while in foster care to find their independence and support their the education plans.
- Dependency Court Resource Facilitation Program assists with barriers to case plan completion for dependency cases.
For more information about Families First, or what you can do to help children, please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
*Visit our web site: www.familiesfirstnetwork.org
*Find us on Facebook